Whether you’re brand new to Google Analytics or looking for a refresher on the basics, Analytics 101 is the seminar for you. In this course, we focus on providing you with a broad introduction to all of the reports – and more importantly, the insights – that Google Analytics can generate. We’ll show you how to understand who your visitors are, how they got to your site, what they did while they were there, and how valuable they really are. Even if you’ve never used the program before, this Google Analytics training will leave you knowing more than enough to be dangerous.
Jason will guide you through learning the user interface, understanding the various types of reports that are available, and how to find actionable insights in your data. While we don’t assume you’ll have any prior experience with the program, it’s a good idea to at least create your account before attending the Google Analytics course. Here’s what we’ll cover.
· An introduction to web analytics in general, and Google Analytics in particular
· The dozens of reports Google Analytics provides you “out of the box”
· Generating actionable insights from your website’s data
· Measuring business outcomes rather than just counting visitors
· What is web analytics?
· Getting started with Google Analytics
· The Audience reports: who are these people?
· The Traffic Sources reports: how did they get here?
· The Content reports: what did they do on my site?
· The Goals and E-Commerce reports: how much are they worth?
· Wrap-Up and Q&A
* Cold delicious refreshments will be served
Meetup fee: $3.00 in advance. $5 at the door.